Monday, 20 June 2016

Cavaliers looking to win first-ever NBA title

Cavaliers looking to win first-ever NBA title


After trailing 3-1 in the best-of-seven NBA Finals against the Golden State Warriors, the Cleveland Cavaliers are just one win away from winning their first-ever title on Sunday - live on SuperSport.
Cleveland will try to become just the fourth team to win an NBA Finals Game 7 on the road (3-15) and the first of 33 teams to overcome a 3-1 deficit in the Finals.
Led by LeBron James, the Cavaliers have won 3 of the last 4 games against the Warriors, outscoring them by an average of 12 points, while shooting 51 percent from the field.
Following their Game 6 115-101 home win that tied the series at 3-all, the Cavaliers are a perfect 15-0 when scoring 100 points or more in this playoffs.
Although the Cavaliers have beaten the Warriors at Oracle Arena, Game 7 is surely set to become a challenge for the ages.
On one side, is two-time MVP Stephen Curry, while four-time MVP LeBron James is looking to win his third NBA championship after winning two rings with the Miami Heat.
“We've put ourselves in a position to do something special,” James said.
“I came back for a reason, and that is to bring a championship to the city of Cleveland, to northeast Ohio and all of Ohio and all Cavaliers fans in the world. That's been one of my goals. But I don't add too much pressure on it. I go out and trust what I've been able to do, the work I've put into it, my teammates have put into it.”
The relation between the two has soured lately, making Game 7 a duel of giants.
After setting an NBA record for most wins in a single season (73-9), the Warriors need to come up strong if they are to finish a famous season.
“Understanding that we need our best basketball for 48 minutes to end this season, and hopefully with a W,” Curry said.
“I don't feel any extra pressure, which is good. I just want to understand and enjoy the moment because growing up, as a basketball fan, you kind of put yourself in so many Game 7s to win The Finals kind of situations playing with your friends and stuff, and this is my first crack at it.”
EZELI TO COME OFF THE BENCH
In the absence of injured Andrew Bogut, Warriors coach has added Andrew Iguodala, making the Warriors a smaller line-up.
But, Nigerian Festus Ezeli has provided some key contributions off the bench.

0 comments:

Post a Comment